Saturday, September 05, 2009

AAA

So today I had my very first experience with AAA. I took the boys to their weight check appointment, it went very well. Nathaniel weighs 10 lbs even and Jacob weighs a whopping 10 lbs 9 oz. He is a whole 9 oz bigger than Thanny! I can't believe it. But looking at them I could tell he was the bigger and I could definitely tell when I would pick them up right after each other. They both have umbilical herneas but they will see if they will resolve on their own. They don't seem to b ebothering either one of them at this point in time. Anyway, I was on my way home, the gas light was still not on, and I got to just before Beavervreek Rd coming towards 205 and I felt the car shudder. I have only run out of gas one other time but I remember the feeling well. So I turned right, gliding down the hill the whole way and made it to just before Maplelane Rd! I could almost have turned into the outlet center with the gas sation in it. I was about 500 feet or so from the gas station! But I had the twins and I could not just get out and walk down there! It was too dangerous, but we were in a fairly safe position in the car so I felt okay about that. Then I called Dustin to see if he was near by, he was not. Then I called my dad and he headed ou tot get me. But then I realized I HAVE AAA!!! So I called dad and told him that I was going to call AAA and that he didn't have to come all of the way out there. It would have taken my dad longer than AAA. I called and a half an hour later there the man was. Putting gas in my car and saving the day. The babies fussed when we first stopped and of course they started fussing as soon as we started moving. Then they calmed down and we met Dustin in Damascus at our new bank and then headed home to see Boston. He took a good nap for my dad and had just woken up. All around it wasn't too bad a day. And I realize how nice it is to have AAA. Thank you to my mom for getting all of us kids AAA for Christmas last year because they were moving to Bend and wouldn't be around to help.

Also, today while I was waiting for AAA on the side of the road I was really freaked out about people stopping to try to help. Only one person did and he was really nice. He was genuinely worried that the babies and I were okay. There are still kind people in the world.

Dustin informed me a couple nights ago that The Office season 5 is coming out on the 8th of September and we are so excited!!!!

Bad news....ready?....I got West Nile Virus. It wass the weirdest thing. I had been complaining for a couple days that I was getting bit by something and turns out it was mosquitos! Ick. I learned that they are attracted to people who consume peanuts, peanut butter and things with lot of potassium in them like bananas or kiwis. Well, Dustin and I had been making triple decker pb and j's for days. Sometime we'd eat three and four a day or more. :0) So they really liked the way that I tasted. So I would suggest to stay away from those food items as much as possible during mosquito season. No fun, symptoms were massive headaches, body and joint aches, fever, chills, and nausea. Dustin was worried I had Swine Flu so I went in to see the doctor. She put two and two together and deduced that I had West Nile. Hmmm....I read up on it. Not fun if it is severe. Good thing I went in. I felt like my head was going to explode, this is because the virus causes brain swelling. The medicine she gave me was just to cope with the symptoms and they started working immediately which was such a relief. I had had that headache for 4 days. And feeling like you have the flu is no fun either. But the downside is that the steroid can make people "cranky," as the pharmacist told me. This is true, poor hubby. I manage to bite my tongue a lot but I can't always hold it back for whatever reason. But the steroid and the antibiotic were only for three days and today was my last day. Yes! And it's funny cause I didn't get treated for the virus, I got treated for the symptoms. So what happens to the virus? I'll have to do more research!

Baby calls....

2 comments:

Teryn said...

when Denise told me about the west nile I didn't believe her at first! I thought you were teasing her. :)

Anna said...

Haha, that is funny. I wish I was just teasing her. :0)