Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Today

Well...Today was interesting. A lot is going on in my life right now. God is changing me so much. I love that. I love when you can see the change and I can see it in myself and that spurs on change and growth in friendships.
The end of a relationship can be very painful and confusing. However, it can be the most rewarding thing in some ways. Through the pain and loss you feel there is growth and maturing that takes place. Dealing with the pain and hurt is hard but not useless or worthless. The end of a relationship I had recently has brought about so many great things. I am still dealing with the pain and confusion of why and at times I can hardly stand it, BUT, last night I had a really awesome conversation with a woman who I judged wrongly not long ago. I will admit that I am a jealous person, there is no hiding it sometimes, and throughout this other relationship that ended I became very jealous of and judgmental towards this wonderful young woman. For a few days before this conversation that we had last night she has been on my mind and I have just been thinking about her a lot. Well God provided a way for her to become available and for myself to become available to talk and explore the minds of one another. It was God in every way, shape, and form. I could just feel the work he had done in my heart and could feel the change take place and it was not me, it had nothing to do with me. I got to experience once again the majestic and overwhelming feeling that takes wind when you allow your self to be led by God and to be guided by the Spirit. You take your hands off the wheel and climb into the back seat and just say, "God take the wheel," and it is the most uplifting thing. And it turns out that this young lady and I have more in common than I thought we would. I can take no credit for what happened last night.
God you are so amazing. Please continue to work in me and through me and if it is your will I pray that you would bring this young lady and I closer in a friendship that glorifies you. Thank you for always being there to lift me and to guide me, you are my Rock. In your precious name.
Amen.

No comments: