Monday, May 08, 2006

ABUNDANT LIFE

This morning I attended Abundant Life. It is a decently big church and is way crazy cool. I really like it a lot. The pastors were really interactive with the people and there were two so they just fed off of one another and it was really cool. I think that I would like to go there again. Especially to their college group, tonight the group went to help feed the homeless, outreach to them. How cool! I went with a family I am close to and it just so happened that a lot of the people that used to attend ECC were there too! No one planned it even. It just happened, and it felt so good to be around all of them. I really wish that things could be normal again but I honestly think that it will be alright. I mean there are some things that I am going o miss in anything I do. I will miss some things about ECC and I will miss the people that are family to me there but I feel suffocated and uncomfortable there. I think it's really hard for me to explain. It was a safe place for me to go to see my family, to be around believers, to love on people. But going to this church this morning really opened my eyes to the things that I value in a church atmosphere. Such as: At ECC they never let you stick around and chat, it was almost like service is done, get out. And at Abundant Life they stuck around forever and the pastors came around and were talking to people they knew and were reaching out to people they'd never seen before. It was so cool. And there was this charisma there that was contagious and it was so laid back and energetic. It is such a cool ministry there and I would love to go more often and become more involved. I will always miss ECC and how I felt there before my family fell apart. But I cant stay in this slump, this crazy "poor me," stage. I just can't and I think that if God places me in this church to grow me up and strengthen and renew me, then I am so for it. I am really excited, and I have not been excited about Jesus in a long time it seems.

Prom is coming up, I am excited. I am going with a young man named Dustin. I don't call him that tho, I call him prom date. He is very sweet and fun so I imagine that prom will be rather exciting. Yes!

I think that I shall retire now. Goodnight.

Jesus-
Please forgive me for the weakness I have fallen victim to by choice. I pray that you would please heal my heart and strengthen me and strengthen my faith in you and in your love. Please help me to grow in you and seek you in everything that I do. Please grant me the wisdom and heart to restore friendships and to grow through that experience whethere it turn out how I want it to or not. Thank you for today, for the fellowship and excitment for you. Thank you for putting weight on my heart to make a change. I pray that you would break me, my pride, crush my hardness. Renew me. Cleanse me. Reveal yourself to me Jesus.
In your precious name - - - - - AMEN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anna,
I've been thinking about you a lot lately and praying. It was hard to read what you wrote because every time someone is no longer going to the church it hurts me even though I know people have to do what Jesus wants them to. I guess I just wanted you to know I love you and I miss you. Love, Teryn