Our Boston earlier the day he started to crawl!
Oh my goodness! I thought that it would never happen but it has! On Saturday night he crawled for the first time. It was such a blessing how it happened. Dustin has been on call this week and I have been bed-ridden, mostly, and so he hasn't even had a lot of time to be down on the ground in an area where he had enough room to crawl. However, Dustin had come home after a long day of work and then on call jobs and we were getting ready to go to bed. I was about to change Bub's diaper and then put his night night. Dustin had come in the room to help and play with Bub. Well, we were just hanging out on the bed before we started our nightly ritual and Bub was rocking on his hands and knees and kind of nudging himself forward. Dustin said that he thought we should put him on the ground out in the livingroom cause he felt like he was going to start crawling. I said that I thought it was too late and we were tired ad needed to get ready for bed and I would let him play on the ground in the morning. But we watched Bub for a couple more minutes and Dustin said again that we should let him try it out on the livingroom floor. I agreed and we took him out there! To our delight he started to crawl! It was unbelievable. We kept finding things to put in front of him to make him crawl. His favorite things are things that are very expensive and technological. Our computer, cell phones, and anything else that lit up became our props for prodding him to keep crawling as we got video of it! I was freaking out! My brother told me to calm down because I was embarrassing him. I didnt care, our Bub was crawling!
I also started reading a genre of book that I haven't read in a long time. I remembered that I really like murder/mystery novels but I had stopped reading them for some reason. I got done with this book and realized why I stopped reading them. They completely freak me out! I was fine while Dustin was home and here to protect me but then he got called out and didn't come back until like 11:30 pm and by that time I had completely convinced myself that all the bad things that had happened in the book were going to happen to me. My little brother came over to protect me. He played the XBox til Dustin got home. I do so love to read the books that keep you guessing and on your toes but in the end after I am finished I feel like everything that goes on will happen to me. I may htink twice before starting another one of that particular authors books. I felt like I need to read something more uplifting and comforting. I had been thinking recently that Dustin and I had never finished reading The Shack, and decided to find my spot and finish it. So I did. And while it had some sad parts and there is murder involved in it also, it had a lot of encouragement. And it made me remember that I had God to protect me and that I could run to Him when I am scared. I haven't felt that in a long time.
And then tonight I have kind of been a pain. I know that I am really tired of being pregnant and with the contractions and back pain I have just been on edge. And I am really tired too so I can get irritated about one little thing and it makes the rest of the night kinda gloomy. Dustin and I argued more than we have in a while which always ends up in laughing or wrestling, something I love about our relationship. And the couple times we were upset enough to try to ignore each other because we felt justified in our thoughts didn't last long at all. One of us, Dustin usually, always cools off and comes to the other. I admit I can hold out a lot longer than he can, something I am learning is not a great character trait. But I pray that God changes my heart and allows me to become a softer woman who is more willing to submit to her husband. I loved some of the things that I read about in The Shack. I love that I can have a relationship with God and that there is no need to feel the guilt or shame when I mess up, even though I still do. I want to be able to always think of God as walking alongside of me and my family and guiding us through EVERYTHING! Not just when we think we need Him but having Him involved in our day to day, minute to minute lives. I pray that God would put it on Dustin's heart to want this as well and to lead our family in allowing God to be with us at all times even when we think we don't need Him because we have control. (Which we never actually do...)
Anyway, Goodnight and sleep tight!
No comments:
Post a Comment