Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jake and Nate

The boys are still in the NICU at Emanuel. They are doing well. Nate has a urine infection but is on anti-biotics for it. Jake is doing well. They both have dips in their heart rates but it is due to the fact that they were pre-mature. I pump and bring milk to them. They have a feeding tube down their noses for now but we should be able to start breast-feeding on a regular basis soon! And they will be able to use a bottle when I am not able to be there to breast-feed them. I am excited for this advancement because I really want to connect with my boys this way. I had the chance with Boston and even though it was extremely painful it was so special. And I just can't wait to be able to bond with them in this way. 
The doctors say they are doing well and should be home anywhere from 3-5 weeks from now. They may not both come home at the same time. I don't know if that will make things more difficult or not but I just want them home! 

No comments: