Monday, June 22, 2009
A much better day!
Today Dustin and I went to see the boys and we knew we were going to be there for at least one feeding. I was prepared to nurse Jacob again and was unsure if they would let me nurse Nathaniel because of his apnea spells! BUT...we got to nurse them BOTH! It was such a wonderful thing and I was so happy in the little time I got to hold each of them and nurse them. It didn't even hurt at all today. It's nothing compared to pumping anyhow. Jacob ate about 18 mL and Nathaniel ate about 4 mL. I knew he was not going to be chowing down as much as Jacob but I was just surprised to have been able to nurse him at all. The nurse told us that the notes said that he had a really good night and while we were there he didn't have ANY of his spells where he requires oxygen. Plus his color was a lot more pink versus the pale white that he was yesterday. It was such a good visit. He still has the IV in his head which looks terrible but he doesn't seem to mind it. His tests all have come back negative and everything looks good. The doctor called us today after seeing him and he said that they were both doing great. He said that with Nathaniel the only ting that he was concerned with was his blood count. He will let us know in the morning if he finds anything of importance. He is anemic but they may be wondering about his white blood count as well. Jacob's back ultrasound to look at the bump that could potentially affect his spine came back normal. Today has been so wonderful and I am so excited that they are on the road to come home. Thank you Jesus and thank you everyone for all of your prayers. It means so much to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment