Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Night Without Daddy

Well, last night wasn't too bad. Jakey has decided that he no longer needs to sleep. So he didn't go to sleep until 12:30 and I had to rock him. Thanny has been so wonderful. He went to sleep shortly after I laid them down and slept until 6 this morning, I changed him, gave him some milk and he went right back to sleep. It was wonderful. Boston rolled around on our bed until bout 11:30 and finally passed out. All in all, not too bad. Then they all woke up about 11 this morning. I got some sleep and so did they. Not too shabby.

We made it through the first night without Dustin. He and I texted all night though. It was hard for him to be alone in the last place that we lived as a family. It was hard for me because it is hard for me to sleep at night anyway and without him next to me is even harder. But, we survived and he'll be back Sunday night. Four more nights.

It is really beautiful up here. The town has so much character. It is so different from anywhere we've lived before. It is so refreshing. And what makes it even better is how clean the air smells up here. There isn't any of the Portland smog lurking about. It is really nice. The one thing that I am not a fan of is the critters. There are all kinds of things down here. The deer and squirrels and chipmunks don't bother me. It's the cougars, bears, scorpions, and snakes that do. And black widows. I have seen a scorpion, that's it so far. I know that it isn't common to see the other things but it's not rare either. Just a little scary. I am sure we'll get used to it though.

Well, I am going to go put the twins down for a nap. They are cranky cranky.

No comments: