Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Goodbye for now...

Please pray for my mom. My grandpa died this morning. He had lung cancer. He was in his second set of treatments. The first set worked really quickly. But sometimes that means that it comes back quickly. It did. He was in the middle of his second round of treatments. The doctors said that he only had a 30% chance that the treatments would be successful because it had spread further throughout his body. He was making progress and his body was in fact responding well to the treatments. However, this morning he awoke coughing up blood. They took him to the hospital where they were tending to him but his heart gave out. He has had numerous heart attacks and many bi-pass surgeries. They were able to start his heart again but within the time it took to do so his lungs filled with fluid and he passed away. His name was Clifford Frank Logan.

I am relieved that he is no longer suffering and that he was trusting in the Lord up until the end of his life. He wanted to be baptized. I know the Lord knew his heart and will not hold this against him. I am excited to see him again one day when his body isn't ailing him and he isn't struggling to do the things we take for granted like breathe. Thank you Lord for loving my grandpa. Please be with my mom as she struggles with the loss of her father. Please give her peace as she feels guilt for not being able to visit this last weekend as she had planned. Please allow healing for all of our family members who are feeling the loss of our wonderful Grandpa, father, brother, uncle, cousin, great-grandpa, and friend. He will be so missed. Thank you for the opportunity to have him be a part of my life. He was always kind, generous, and very entertaining. I will cherish the memories I have of when he lived with us. I will cherish the memories I have of how funny he was, I don't think there was anyone who could resist his humor. Please be with grandpa today as he makes his way to You. Send him our love. Amen.

No comments: