I am working on a paper for my research writing class. It is going to be an argument paper. Meaning I have to find something that I am passionate about and pose an argument to a certain audience in order to persuade them to the way that I think. This is my dilemma. I wanted to argue about breastfeeding and the benefits of but someone already chose that. I wanted to do something that has to do with children. Since I have my own and have definite opinions, this is something I would be able to argue for 6-9 pages. Someone already took vaccines also. I was thinking about arguing that natural consequences for children are beneficial for children at a young age so that they develop their decision making skills. This will better able them to make better decisions in their touch teen years. I am not sure though. This is tough. I have to come up with a topic by tomorrow so if there are any suggestions please send them my way!
On Friday I will be 35 weeks! Wow! Unfortunately, our doctor put the stops on any traveling so I have to try to take my math class at a distance. The teacher is so great so I know it will work out. It is just a little more stressful than being able to go over and sit in lecture. We will make it through though. I can't believe this term is going as fast as it is. It is nuts. But sister is doing good. She moves all day and night. She is sitting really low in my belly. I am contracting now and then, nothing like I have been though so I am thinking it may be the calm before the storm. Ha ha. It will be so good to see her. I am so excited. This baby will be the last, unless God has other plans, for a while at least. I need to get through school and then we will see what happens after that. Every time I think about this possibly being my last baby I get really emotional and sad. I don't want her to be the last baby I get to snuggle and breastfeed. I hope that when we are better situated and set up in a more permanent place we will want more children. We will have lots of helpers then too. I can't imagine we would not want more but you never know. We may be set up and comfortable and having everyone potty trained and sleeping through the night might be so nice that we don't want to go back and do it all over again. I just have to be open to anything happening.
Yesterday was such a rough day. One of the roughest we have had in a while. Our insurance benefits were cancelled due to the post office returning mail and we didn't know about it. Then we weren't sure if we were getting into the apartment we have been trying to get into for the last month. Today God smiled on us and it was such a better day. We got our insurance re-instated and we learned that we did get into the apartment. We get to move in next week sometime. It has been such a crazy process. There is so much that goes into government funded living. It didn't seem worth it at times but now that it is actually happening it has been a good experience. We got to know our apartment manager pretty well and she is really sweet. She is a christian and her dad was or is a pastor. We went to Sister's Community Church this last weekend. It was nice. The kids had a blast playing in the nursery. Boston didn't even care that we left which NEVER happens. Thanny and Jakey had all the freedom in the world to play with toys that I would be weary about them playing with. They didn't want to leave. The church for us was big. We have gone to Abundant Life and that was even bigger. I liked Abundant Life. I think I will like this church. I really want to get plugged into small group type activities but that will probably have to wait til after the baby is born. I liked being part of a small church community where we knew everyone and everyone knew us. This is too big for that. I am not saying that we won't meet some wonderful people and gain great friendships BUT it will be a lot different. I haven't ever had to start from scratch. It is a totally different world and I am not in my comfort zone. I am hoping that that starts to fade as we meet people. I pray that God would make it clear to us where we are supposed to be. If it is at SCC then great and if not then I pray that He open the door of another church for us.
Anyway, better get to work on homework. I have another nutrition test this weekend. Ick... :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment